support for those whose lives have been touched by adoption

Moderator: AfterAdoption

support for those whose lives have been touched by adoption

Postby Lindsey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:16 pm

There are support groups , nationally, for those who have lost children to adoption. these groups are NOT run by social workers, but those people who know the pain and who have cried the tears
The NPN help line Monday - Friday 9.30 -11.30. is 0845 456 5031.
Lindsey

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:21 am

hi whats npn and what kind of groups are they ,,,
thanks julie

NPN

Postby Lindsey » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi Julie
Natural Parents Network is a non judgmental national network of parents who themselves have lost children to adoption from the 1930's to date with support groups in most counties, also in Scotland and Wales. It is NOT a search group but NPN can offer group support for those who are seeking, those who have found, those who are needing someone to understand. There is a membership and you are asked for a 1 yearly subscription of £10.
You should go to the social services dept were your children's adoption took place and make an appointment to see the post adoption worker, check if there is any info already on file, ask what provision that local authority has for relinguishing natural parents as per the adoption white paper Dec 05. No matter how angry/hurt you are remember that civility cost nothing and everyone will hear better if no-one is shouting.
Good luck with your search.
Lindsey

Postby happynow » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:39 pm

also try speaking to people who have also been through the same things join the adoption community at www.unitedadoptees.com free of charge for 24 hr support
I used after adoption to help me find my family, im happy again now
happynow

Return to Links