don't leave it too late

Moderator: AfterAdoption

don't leave it too late

Postby ladyarcher » Thu May 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Many of you will know that when looking for my b.father I left it too late............ happily, I found my full sister after a forty year search, so that was not 'too late' ........and we have known each other for five years.......it is not however, going to be a long enough time to be together....

.. on the way from Wales to Cornwall at the weekend we called in at their home in Somerset......they are rarely there as their main home is on a remote island, and if they are not there they are usually travelling, or her husband is travelling and my sister works in residential care....so we did not expect them to be in but called just on the off chance....... they were in, but for the worst of reasons in the world.......they should have been away, but had to cancel their trip as my sister has been diagnosed with breast and spine cancer.......

She has never been the greatest correspondent.....I will write a long e-mail with news of my children, she will reply with a paragraph or two, but recently it has literally only been a line or two.......and we have not met up for a while ....... the reason, it turns out, is because she did not want me - or any of her friends either - to know about her diagnosis.......she has about five months if she refuses treatment.....and may only have that long even with treatment......back before Christmas she ignored two lumps because she did not want to miss a trip to Mongolia riding the native ponies.....in March she finally went to the Dr.......also, she has been on hrt for years........

We don't know what the outcome will be......she does seem to have decided to have treatment......but for her, it may well be 'too late'......I am so glad I found her, because although she has many 'good acquaintances' they are all over the world, and at least if she wants it, I can be with her, whatever the result is ........

LA
ladyarcher

Re: don't leave it too late

Postby sylvie » Thu May 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Dear LA

I'm more sorry than I can say to hear your news.
I will keep you and your sister in my thoughts and am sending you both love.

xx
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby Summerbaby » Fri May 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Hello LA,

I'm sitting here with Mum (Butterflylady) as we are spending a few days together, and we were just looking through posts together and just read your sad news.

I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you all as a family but no doubt you will support your sister whatvever way you can at this time, hopefully if she accepts treatment it will give her more quality time to spend with her husband and family including you and in time you can take some positivity from the fact even though it is only a short time you have been in contact you will have some cherished memories you wouldn't have had otherwise if you hadn't found her.

You are always a woman of wise words and advice when others post on this forum and help them through difficult times so now it's our turn to be there for you.

Thinking of you.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Postby cariad1 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Aw Lady Archer - that's so hard for you both to have to deal with. Amazing sisterly intuition you calling in on an off chance! Thoughts and prayers for you all that it's a better outcome for you all, one thing I've always said is you can never under estimate a persons fighting spirit. Your sister will be glad to have you routing for and supporting her in days to come.

Take care

Cariad xx
cariad1

Postby cleo » Mon May 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Dear LA

I read your words and feel gutted for you, again was it the right decision your sister made, not to let anyone know about her illness so not to worry everyone, yet having to keep this illness to herself and her husband... its a hard call to make.

But i think that it best you know then if things need to be said or done at least you have 'a bit' of time if she wants you there of course.

Thinking of you, you always have a way with words that sadly i don't have, but i wish you strength in the coming months for all the family involved
cleo

Postby athensrunner » Mon May 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Hugs LA

I don't have words...it must be hard for both of you...I know you will be there for her when she needs you and please know that we are all here for you if you need any support.

Love and hugs to both your and your sister

Athensrunner
Birth mother in an international adoption

Feel free to read my ramblings as a birth mother
http://www.athensrunner.blogspot.com
athensrunner

Postby Josie » Sat May 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Dear LA,

Just wanted to share some hugs for this sad news.
Thank God you found her and she has you.

Warm love to you,
Josie x
Josie

Postby sylvie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Ladyarcher, I just wanted to pop in to say I am thinking of you and your sister x
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Return to Searching