NORCAP Register

Moderator: AfterAdoption

NORCAP Register

Postby matt66 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi All

I've read on the forum about the NORCAP Register. Can anyone explain to me what it is and how it works.

Thanks

Matt
matt66

Re: NORCAP Register

Postby ladyarcher » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Norcap keep a register of anyone who is searching for a birth mother/child......... It is a long time since I looked at their site, so I don't know if they charge for it, I think they used to but it was a one off thing..........that was one level of their services........if you wanted them to search, then that was quite expensive depending on how much they had to do, letters, sending for certs. etc......... from what I have read on here, they are not awfully persistant, however it may be that only the unlucky people have posted, not the lucky ones.........If you Google them you will see more about what they do and how far they are able to go......

The Adoption Contact Register is another list you can go on..........a one off charge, and your message stays on there forever........it was fifteen years between me putting a message on, and my full sister deciding to look for her past, but the message was still there waiting for her.........I was born in 1944, and she in 1945, but we were given to different couples for adoption.........she never knew she had a full sister........I had known since I was 25, and I searched for her for forty years..........two years ago, she started looking and my message flagged up immediately........

Depending on what and how much you know, there is often quite a lot you can do for yourself, and usually a lot quicker and cheaper than using agencies or the local authority..........come back here for more info and help, someone will have had a similar experience and be able to pass on tips of how to do things and where to go and what to look for..........
LA
born 1944 - adopted 1946 - found b.mother 1972 - sadly missed b.father who had died young , but he had told his subsequent children that they had two English sisters, so when i made contact with them in Canada they were not shocked.........finally found full sister two years ago, after a forty year search, we were sent to different couples for adoption........
ladyarcher

Re: NORCAP Register

Postby ladyarcher » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 am

My post is over a year old now Hercinetom........so my knowledge of Norcap is very out of date, it was, as I said on that post last year, it was out of date even then.........anyone who wants to know about these different organisations should look them up themselves to get up to date information, particularly about their charges, which can be very high, and quite out of reach for a lot of people......that is why we try to share any other ways of searching that we have thought of for ourselves as sometimes there can be a simple answer to a difficult question....

LA
ladyarcher

Return to Searching