does your mum always have ago at you al the time

Moderator: AfterAdoption

does your mum always have ago at you al the time

Postby loz » Fri May 27, 2005 11:02 am

as i am the only one adopted in my house i fell my mum only picks on me does anyone else feel this way
loz

Postby elly » Fri May 27, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi Loz

I don't know the age gap between you and your siblings, but if it's anything like my childhood - it's very normal!

I was brought up the girl between 2 boys, my eldest brother and I being adopted but the youngest boy wasn't.

Whenever my younger brother was aloud to do something I wasn't or was given preferential treatment (as I saw it) my elder brother & I would say "you treat him differently because he's yours" HOW awful is that!

Actually on reflection he wasn't treated any different and he was the baby of the family and as everyone knows they always get the best deal - being aloud to do things much earlier than any older siblings.

I think you need to view the circumstances from a distance, stand outside and look it - you might find everything looks very different.

Elly
Re-United with Natural Mum 23rd Oct 2004
elly

Postby Guest » Sat May 28, 2005 12:53 pm

Hi Loz,

Try not to take it too much to heart, how you feel goes on in families whether you're adopted or not. Neither my sister or I were adopted but I always felt my sister was the favourite who could no wrong whereas I could no right. Years later I found out that my sister thought at times I was the favourite.

On the other hand my bson's parents adopted him then went on to have their own bio son but both were treated exactly the same and get on very well together. However they both have issues with their parents.

Philippa

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi loz
both my brother and i are both adopted, i am the oldest and my brother feels i am the favorite. My mum and brother argue alot, i have never really argued with my mum, however i really think this is because me and my brother are really different he likes to push bounderies and is very confruntational. I often feel that ourmum is more protective over him than me and therefore cares about him more. What i am trying to say is that i think it is very common for one child to feel like the least favorite no matter where they come from, really try not to worry work at things with your mother. :wink: 4eva dancing

Return to Young People