Problems in school

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Problems in school

Postby Pam » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:35 pm

I am an adoptee doing my GCSE's and spent a double lesson of English the other day analysing a poem on mothers giving birth - just what I needed in the run up to Mothers Day - it was awful. The teacher didn't even seem to understand why I would find this difficult. My adoptive parents and I have always been open with the school and my friends about being adopted but no one at school seems to realise that things like this can be hard to deal with or even cares - have been given the brush off so many times and told to get on with it. :cry:
Pam

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 pm

How unkind and thoughtless of your teacher, I'm a bmum rather than an adoptee but I back you up on this one completely. From what you have put am I right in thinking your parents never had a natural child? If I'm thinking on the right lines it must have beeen hard for your mum as she would have found it difficult to analyse the poem as well. People have to be in your situation to understand but it is no excuse for your teacher to brush the situation off.

Postby Pam » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:45 pm

No my adoptive mum is fine about stuff like that - my mum and dad chose to adopt rather than have their own which is why they took older kids not babies - I guess they are a bit unusual - in fact they are pretty special all round. Actually it was a good poem and I was able to talk it through with my mum and she made me feel a whole heap better - it was just being stuck in the class and feeling choked up and then my teacher just not even trying to understand I guess.
I do see my bmum well - I have for a long time but I was supposed to meet her a few weeks back but she hasn't bothered to ring me - guess she just doesn't want to do it anymore.
Pam

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:28 am

Thanks for explaining the situation - it's nice that your mum talks about things like this with you. I still think your teacher should be more understanding of the fact that you are adopted though :D .

Montravia

Postby madmaz84 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:51 pm

hiya pam :D i understand how your feeling completely **hugs** we did a subject at school about our familys and how genes follow through the generations. we where asked to bring in some photos of our familys. i couldnt aprouch my mum and dad about this subject as i didnt have the best relationship with them so i went into the photo album thats my foster parents did for me when i was in care with them for the first 3 months off my life and found a photo of me with my foster parents and my 2 foster brothers. obviously i looked nothing like them but i didnt want 2 feel left out. i got a few comments off teacher and when i got home my mum had ago at me for takeing it :O what choise did i have though? hard i no. chin up girl and if u ever fancy a chat message me :D hope it helped u and made u feel ure not alone :D:D
madmaz84

Return to Young People