Grandsons birthday :-(

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Grandsons birthday :-(

Postby cleo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi i'm not doing very well today as its my grandsons 3rd birthday, and even though i've tried to send a parcel and a message to my birthson, i am facing a blank wall, it feels as though i'm going through all the emotions i did 30 years ago with my son, asking myself everytime his birthday came around..what he looked like, what did his Aparents get for him as pressies, did he have a party?

I do not know what to think anymore, i've tried keeping in touch, but i just get my mails sent back saying this: Technical details of permanent failure:
DNS Error: Domain name not found:
on another mail i have: No MX or A records for this adresse

Doe's this mean he has blocked me? or the adress no longer exists?

Sorry to go on, i'm just trying to understand :-((
cleo

Re: Grandsons birthday :-(

Postby cleo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:43 am

Still no news, i'm an emtional wreck at the moment.

11months have gone by:

I think all i can try and do now is to cut the cord that i have held onto these past 32 years, the candle that was burning in hope, the flame has gone out and died.
cleo

Postby Donotunderstand » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Sad to admit defeat but I don't know what else you can do. :-(
Aunt to a sibling group split up by Adoption and Residence Orders. Mum to birth children age 28 & 26, and adopted 14 year old (youngest of the sibling group)
Donotunderstand

Postby cleo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:58 pm

the thing is deep down i don't want to admit defeat, i have held on for 30 years, and now he is back in my life i don't want to lose him again...but it seems that its not what my son wants, or that the impression he's giving anyway. ;-(
cleo

Postby cleo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Another year gone by,

Today i sent another parcel full of présents for my Grandson, i hope he gets them and knows that i'm always here waiting, thinking and hoping that one day my son will get in contact again.
cleo

Postby cleo » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Evening everyone

Well its that time of year again, i sent my grandson's parcel full of goodies for his 4th birthday (now 3 years since i last saw him)

Apparently the parcel arrived at my son's workplace on monday, just checked the tracker today, it was quicker than i thought.

I also sent my son a text message first thing this morning wishing my Grandson a happy 4th birthday. I got confirmation that the text was delivered.

BUT NOTHING, no reply, a thankyou; NOTHING ;-((

I have mixed emotions to be honest, i'm glad i sent the parcel and text, but sad that my son cannot acknowledge that i am still part of his life, and also his son's.

Anyway i guess as every year goe's by, i have to face the fact that my son doe'snt want me in his life ;-( and i must carry the load of what i did all those years ago.
cleo

Postby cleo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:58 am

Finally a text from my son he no longer wants me in his life.................i have been told that he no longer wants me to send présents for my Grandson, and that he wants no further contact with me. He has had a wonderful upbringing with fantastic parents, and that now i should find closure in knowing that he is happy and well.
cleo

Return to Adoptive Families