Research Request

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Research Request

Postby rrichardson3447 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 pm

As a student i am carrying out some research on the effects of fetal programming, specifically the effects on adopted children. I am relating this to the affect that it can have on a child's development. It would be very much appreciated if you could answer the presented questions to help me with this research.

Below is the link for the survey:
http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=gfvbqpu8sbt1cxg40504

Rebecca
rrichardson3447

Re: Research Request

Postby ladyarcher » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Most of us on this board are actually adult adoptees Rebecca....... not adoptive parents, although there are one or two who have adopted a child........so your questions are not really very valid to board members, ............ you have no questions to us adoptees about how we feel or are influenced by our adoptions..............and believe me, if you had some questions like that, you would get a lot of answers from the people at, as it were, the 'sharp end' of being adopted, i.e. having experienced it ourselves.........and also many of us having found our birth parents have seen how losing a child to adoption has affected them bigtime and long term...

.....your questions, of course, are to do with the never ending quest for the answer to the 'nature or nurture' debate.......... to which I think you may find there is no definitive answer.........in fact, probably, as many answers as there are people being asked the question............

Good luck
LA
born 1944 - adopted 1946 - found birth mother 1972 - sadly missed birth father who died young, but who had told his subsequent children that they had two English sisters, so when I made contact with them in Canada they were not shocked........three years ago finally found full sister who had gone to a different couple for adoption....... I found out about her when I was 25, and found her after a forty year search........ she had no idea that she had a full sister, and had very little info. on our b.parents, whereas I had found our b.mother and known her for ten years before her death, also traced our other halves, one of whom had also been adopted away..........
ladyarcher

Re: Research Request

Postby ladyarcher » Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Not too sure what you are trying to say Diabloiitems.......I think some of your post must have got lost , so, sorry cannot make any helpful reply to it.......
LA
ladyarcher

Return to Adoptive Families