Adoption breakdown

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Adoption breakdown

Postby westy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:16 pm

with much regret sadly our adoption has broken down after 18 months of everyone trying thier best. The adoption was legalised after a few months... so the legalities are very difficult.

i would love to hear from anyone in the same position of similar. The pain is unbearable for all concerned.

PM me.

x
westy

Postby wakey wakey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am

I am so sorry this has happened westy.

I would pm you but I can't find how to do that.

I am an adoptive parent so might have some idea of the issues involved-I'm certainly willing to listen.

Thinking of you.

Adoption UK will have people there who have been through an adoption breakdown so it could be worth asking for support there.

Take care,

wakey wakey
wakey wakey

Postby lilit » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi both

Wakey - if you look at the bottom of Westy's post there is a little icon in the middle that says pm - click on that and it should bring up a message form.

Westy - you must be devastated and I hope you find the support you need.
lilit

Postby mnenka » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:29 am

Westy my heart goes out to you and your family. The thing is that adoption placements do break down, sometimes even before the order has been granted, but this is something which many social services do not and possibly can not pre-pare adopters for. It does happen...you are not alone. My thinking is that , yes it is unfortunate not only for the child, and your family...it would have been very much harder for all concerned for those involved if the placement broke down in months years to come. I hope by now the baby / child has settled in with the adoptive family. You have to remember that it is not your doing that this has happened, it happens!
Mnenka
Born 1966, Found hours later. Adopted 1972. Placed veto 2005 (for no contact)
mnenka

Return to Adoptive Families