ITV programme about adoption - Weds 9 October at 9pm

Moderator: AfterAdoption

ITV programme about adoption - Weds 9 October at 9pm

Postby sylvie 1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:46 am

Hello everyone

There is a programme on ITV this wednesday called Britain's Adoption Scandal: Breaking the Silence. http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week45/britains-adoption-scandal-breaking-silence

I think it will tell many of our stories. I'll be watching it and I will be thinking of all you other mothers who got caught up in the terrible social policy that said we were not good enough for our children because we weren't married.
We were good enough. We were grievously wronged when we were terribly vulnerable.

Hugs all.
sylvie 1

Re: ITV programme about adoption - Weds 9 October at 9pm

Postby linrog55 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:56 pm

most certainly agree my mother was in care most of her life due to neglectful parents the whole family where taken she grew into a beautiful woman we never knew till 2014 shed had a baby out of wedlock my father certainly did not know my niece doing family tree got her care redords and there in black and white said in st monicas dalton drive kendal having a baby we were blown away we never knew i was the closest to mum she was happily married to my dad for 44 years but kept this secret to her grave i got in intermediary on the job and i have found and am now in contact with my brother i know my mother would not have given my brother up lightly not knowing how she loved all her children and a fanstatic mother she was i am so ashamed of the churches for what they did to my mum and others of her generation shame on them shame
linrog55

Postby cleo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Linrog

How amazing that your niece found out that you have a brother, i guess your mum thought she was doing what she thought was best for her and then her family and her children...do you think she knew about her son, and that he was alive and well?

What doe's your brother think about this. or are you still at the stage of getting to know each other? I can understand your mum not saying anything, i am the same, although my husband doe's know. It was something i had to tell him (i felt) before we married, so thta if ever the day came that my son came looking for me, it would not do any damage to my marriage...which luckily it has'nt, although we did have a few bad patches when my son told me he no longer wnated contact with me...it broke my heart.

Apart from that, i am looking forward to hearing how things go with your brother, is he happy to find out he has a sister, doe's he have any other siblings or is he an only child?...ooppps sorry if i sound nosey, just happy that things are working out for you.
cleo

Postby Josie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 am

I tried to trace this via ITV.com and it's no longer availablefor viewing?
I'd have loved to seen it - but I just wasn't 'up to it' early November, struggling to keep a busy life together, I couldn't afford another meltdown......sometimes the years just weigh heavier and heavier.
It's me, the weight is in me. Not about my son, he is my joy... just something in me.
I have seen a couple of excerpts and my heart ached for the dear women who spoke - they truly spoke our words.
A big hug to all my 'sisters' who lived and continue to live through an agony that only we can understand xxxx
Josie

Return to Birth Relatives