Just a smiley "hi!" from me...it's been awhile

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Just a smiley "hi!" from me...it's been awhile

Postby Josie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Hallo all your dear people,

I haven't been here for a long time - and just checked in today - and there you all are :-)

I don't know if my absence should bring an apology with it - but other "life" issues have taken over in the past three to four years - and it seems as we get older, our energy and capacity to cope doesn't necessarily increase...so its ups and downs, same old nagging pain of sadness here and there - but thankfully, all in all, my son and his family seem to be doing well, facing the stress and busyness of life and just trying to get the "job" done!

It's been a long tough journey for many here - and me, after nearly 20 years since finding my son, I still battle with inner demons regarding missing life with my own child. I guess that's how it just is.
I feel for those who haven't found their missing child/parent - or who have and are experiencing more heart ache.

I'll have a little read here over the next few days - and if I can be helpful in anyway, I hope I can make comment.
Warm hugs
Love Josie.
Josie

Re: Just a smiley "hi!" from me...it's been awhile

Postby sylvie 1 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! And giant hugs to you!!!!!

You changed my world with your insights and humanity.

And all that you said, with your gentle and wise perceptions, and your feistiness, and your honesty and courage, have helped me in my reunion with my son.

xxxxxxx
sylvie 1

Postby ladyarcher70 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi Josie, nice to 'see' you again.....

.. I too have hardly been on here much ..... just the usual, gr.child minding..., garden..., hens,... writing,... several friends have lost their husbands in the last 18 months so been talking to them a lot...... new dog in October so lots of walking....... some house decorating ...... second son moving house, to just a couple of miles away from us in Wales, instead of far away in Berkshire, so helping with his new garden....

. that is four of our five children living within a mile or so of us, lovely, but lots of dropping in goes on...... also had and still having several 'big' family birthdays, and just been informed of the date of third son's impending wedding, not 'til April 2018 but she wants to lose 'baby weight' before 'the day'....said baby is actually about to be 5.so good luck with that for an idea...

.....and I also have an enormous amount on with U3A, and WI and local history society, and the Transition town movement.... haven't managed riding or swimming since well before Christmas ......have to wonder how I ever had time to work full time.......... mind you my first two boys had their own homes by then, and the three younger ones were all at secondary school.... but I did have my late mother living with us, plus the 'other half' of eldest daughter once she left school, and then their baby too.......and various other 'other halves' have been moved in and out over the years.......in fact the last three years is the first time my second husband and I have actually lived together 'alone', and we will have our Ruby wedding next year......

Sadly the full sister whom I spent so long tracing seems to have decided that I am not to be in her life any more........she is a very complex personality, and has led a very different life to mine ......I thought we had enough in common to be close....... but apparently not....

LA
ladyarcher70

Postby JJ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:58 am

Josie!!!!! :) :) :)

How fabulous to hear from you!!

JJ xx
JJ

Postby Turtle » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 am

Hi Josie.

So lovely to see you posting again. I come on here occasionally, to give a few up dates, as I think it is nice to just let people know how this very personal journey, that they call adoption, is working out. I am looking forward to my b.father visiting in a couple of months time. I am so pleased that I traced him. It was a huge risk, but it seems to be working out.

xx
Turtle

Postby cleo » Wed May 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello josie,

Lovely to hear from you and hear that all is well with you. Here i am still alone with a dolly mixture of feelings...but life goe's on..just about.

I have let go of my son, although i still think of him all the time and of course his sons too, the years flutter by, like in the 'old days'...i guess i look on it as history repeating itself really.

But i've given myself a good kick up the bum and got on with things instead of wollowing in sorrow for something that i sadly cannot change. I feel hurt and sometimes angry at my son, but then again, what did i expect...fairytale endings?

I will take my path to where ever it leads me, until the time comes to take the hill into the clouds, where i hopefully can finally find rest and peace of mind.

Take care and happy for you too
cleo

Return to Birth Relatives