Hello,

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Hello,

Postby Summerbaby » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a lovely Summer, the weather today is nothing to shout about sadly, but we have had some lovely days of hot weather and sunshine so can't complain too much when there is rain for our gardens and crops etc...

Noticed the forum seems very quiet recently so thought I'd pop and say hello and give a bit of an update as well.

I am still in contact with my Birth parents (I dislike that phrase), and we still very much enjoy being in contact - since 2010. Yes there are ups and downs along the way, but that's true of every relationship let alone one as deep and strong yet in some ways new yet also since my life began. I'd be lying if I said every moment is perfect, but having said that I've not once regretted replying to my Mum's letter.

Life has changed in many ways over the last few years, but we often spend time together and have fitted an amazing amount into the time since her letter first arrived in the post. We have had a holiday away together, they've come to my sisters wedding, we have spent Christmas and Birthday times together, chatted about family members, our own likenesses etc... But also enjoyed the more simple pleasures in life such as messing about playing games on the iPad, reading the same book when the other person has finished it, sitting in the garden watching the birds fly in and out of their nests, walking the dog, and taking lots of photos.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Re: Hello,

Postby Donotunderstand » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Hello Summerbaby,

Good to hear that things are going ok for you. :)
Aunt to a sibling group split up by Adoption and Residence Orders. Mum to birth children age 28 & 26, and adopted 14 year old (youngest of the sibling group)
Donotunderstand

Postby Summerbaby » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello,

How are you?

I've just spent part of the day baking. Now relaxing while I wait to watch Casualty.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Postby Donotunderstand » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 pm

We've just watched Casualty - my goodness what a lot going on there! Don't watch it regularly but glad I saw this episode!

We're all fine but still having contact problems as the others don't seem to need or want it as much as our daughter does.

Baking sounds a good way to spend the day.
Aunt to a sibling group split up by Adoption and Residence Orders. Mum to birth children age 28 & 26, and adopted 14 year old (youngest of the sibling group)
Donotunderstand

Postby cleo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:28 pm

hi summerbaby

i have been on here a couple of times, and its been quiet, thought that maybe everyone was enjoying the summer, i'm glad you are doing well even if you have a niggling moment, i guess things are changing all the time in Relationship to you're birth mum as times goe's on, but at least you have both stayed in contact which i think is great....its not easy, i have lear'nt this the hard way, sadly...but i am so happy that you both keep your head above water and do things together....

Donotunderstand...oh dear still no joy your end, that is sad and also painful, i can fully understand your daughters feelings, i still find it hard to come to terms with my son's reaction towards me, and the mail he wrote, but he has made his decision, i think i was foolish to ever think he wanted anything more than just know about his background.

Today my Grandson started school for the very first time, (he will be 5 in november) i have been thinking about him all day wondering how he got on, if he enjoyed his day etc......i don't break down and cry anymore, sometimes i feel angry at myself, thinking i must be a very bad person to have done something so bad to drive my son away, but then i tell myself that i did all i could, i was never rude or nasty in my comments, i will never know the truth about how my son really feels, and as time goe's on, sadly i'm beginning not to care (i don't mean that in a nasty way) but he has hurt me so bad, i put all my trust in him with my feelings, i just feel a deep sadness and pain, and feel used too......

sorry, blabbing on again, apart from that nothing special here, i went away and enjoyed some time out with my husband and dog, no internet or phone for nearly ten days, it was nice, time to reflect on my past, wether i did right or wrong, i still cannot say, i Wonder if adopted children regret finding their b.mums after all is said and done,. i Wonder if my son feels he is better off having his a.mum instead of me....i Wonder if he thinks about me at all, or if i have just been wiped out of his mind, as if i never existed. Would things be different if his a.family were not 'perfect'...as you can tell i still have so many questions turning around in my head. Like summerbaby i Wonder if my son regrets or not having got in contact with me?

P.S i don't Watch casualty that often, so have'nt seen whats happening lately

Take care all, and nice to here that there is still some life on this forum x
cleo

Return to Birth Relatives