HI JOSIE

Moderator: AfterAdoption

HI JOSIE

Postby julie2009 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi Josie

I haven't seen your name on the forums in a long time and I have thinking about you recently. I automatically thought of you when I heard about the showing of the new film Philomena featuring Judi Dench as a birth mother determined to find her son who she gave up for adoption at the age of 16 while being looked after by nuns in an unmarried girls hostel at the time. The story as you probably are aware is based on true facts about a lady called Philomena Lee who was originally from the South of Ireland and her journey to find her son. I have heard it is mixed with humour but heartbreaking at the same time.
I intend to watch it myself but I think it will be powerful stuff.

Hope you are keeping well yourself and keep in touch

Julie xx
julie2009

Re: HI JOSIE

Postby Josie » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 am

Hi there Julie,

Hope you read this - I'm very behind everything this year... It's been a tricky 12 months .
You know , I often, if not everyday, in some way think of the wonderful people here who have, in some way, become part of the fabric of each others lives.
Each one of us may just be a fine thread, or a patch of light gauze or perhaps a stronger weave that meshes into another's adoption affected life - but you guys have a really, really special place in my old life sampler ;-)

And yes, I did go to see Philomena - at very small intimate cinema, close to home.
I went by myself - and as I looked around the theatre,i saw several women, alone.
At the end, I wanted to stand up and yell out something, I just didn't know what to yell.

it was hard to identify with Philomena's actual pregnancy and birth experience in that terrible place - and the story was tragic, even though they gave it an upbeat spin.

The best ever movie for me is Secrets and Lies - saw it years ago and it's still the best.
I always laugh and cry at the same time - I think I'll download it - time I watched it again.

Love to everyone and take good care,
Josie.
Josie

Return to Birth Relatives