Facebook Group

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Facebook Group

Postby skyebluepink » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 pm

OK, I'm not sure if I've done it correctly- in spite of being a facebook addict, I've never actually set up a proper group before. Anyway, I've given it a go! Whilst I don't think we should change anything about the way we currently post on the forums, it would be nice to have a place where we can have more everyday chat and post pictures etc if we wish. I have called it 'The Forums on Facebook' - discreet enough for anyone who needs discretion, and I have also made it a secret group so that a) we hopefully just get members of the forums, and b) it won't show up in anyone's timelines or anything (I'm pretty sure), again, in case people don't want it to. Obviously, if you don't like facebook, then don't feel like you have to join or anything, and hopefully it will be a nice, respectful place, just like the forums are. And with no mention of Ugg Boots either.

I'm going to get the ball rolling by posting the photos of a picture book I wrote called 'Little Bird' - the story of my adoption (told by birds!) so if you would like to read it you will have to join :)

I'm hoping that if you click this link it might take you there. Let me know if it doesn't!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297909803648519/
Come and read my random musings at www.skyebluepink.com
skyebluepink

Re: Facebook Group

Postby sylvie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Skybluepink

Great idea and good for you for doing it.

I'm afraid I recently came off Facebook as it acted like a kind of close-up claxon on all my insecurities. When I'm emotionally burlier, I'll definitely join as I really like this little forum community - I feel everyone really tries to hear each other, even if it's sometimes painful, so we can grow in our knowledge if we choose to.
I'd also like to share some of my artwork at some point - it is based on my experience of relinquishing my son for adoption when I was 16, and the feelings that followed, so I'd like to share that too sometime in the future. And see your book and things that others make - I love seeing people's creativity.

I had a brief look in at the FB page you created and it was so strange - everyone looks just as I imagined them! Those I recognise anyway.
Sorry to be a little bit of a chicken at this point - I would definitely like to join sometime, but at the moment I just need a bit of distance from FB itself.

x
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby skyebluepink » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 am

Come along whenever you're ready :) be lovely to see some of your art work :)
skyebluepink

Postby Highland Lassie1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:17 am

I have just asked to join the group.

HL x
Adopted at 8wks, now 41. Made contact with BM June 2010, met one sister on Saturday 28th Aug 2010, met BM on 20th October 2010, met other sister on December 2010. Now trying to establish contact with BF.
Highland Lassie1

Postby skyebluepink » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 pm

And you're accepted :) glad to have you in the group.
skyebluepink

Postby home ed is fun » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 pm

just requested to join the facebook page
home ed is fun

Postby hmc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:49 am

i realise its an old thread but ive just asked to join

any link / register or forum i believe is worth joining when searching for loved ones , you just never know

i got closer to finding my family just by talking to a customer a few years back and it turned out he had family living just 2 doors away from my grand parents

also other peoples expertise and knowledge helps when you loose faith and cant see the light

Dave
hmc

Postby athensrunner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:05 am

I have just added you, welcome

AthensRunner
Birth mother in an international adoption

Feel free to read my ramblings as a birth mother
http://www.athensrunner.blogspot.com
athensrunner

Postby BJS28 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:04 am