Just been baking and wondered

Just general chat

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Just been baking and wondered

Postby Summerbaby » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Just been baking and wondered what everyone's fav cakes/biscuits are?

I like chocolate sponge cake, and my favourite buscuits are probably rich tea or jammy dodgers.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Re: Just been baking and wondered

Postby ladyarcher70 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Not done any proper baking for a while as husband particularly trying to keep off sugar and fat generally.......still make 'proper' meat and several veg main courses though........and only do a pudding on a Sunday after our roast.......that's one tradition we do not allow to drop despite our rather full lives...

...Favourite cakes when I do make them, are apple and cinnamon cake, and carrot cake...

....used to make ginger biscuits a lot when the children were young.....all now in their 30s and 40s ....... but still eat the cupboard bare if they get the chance......and now our three nearest grandchildren are carrying on the traditions....... 14 yr old grandson often comes in after school because only we have the internet.......he never turns down eggy bread, or bacon butties, or chips...... 5 yr old grandson we still often collect from school....... his favourite at the moment is 'eggs on a plate, with toast fingers .... egg on a plate is in fact a poached egg or two, but they have to be sliding around, not sitting on the toast, and usually have just been collected from my hens..... littlest local grandchild is Eila, who is 14 months now......and bright as a button, been walking since she was 9 and a half months, and now runs and jumps everywhere.....eggy bread is one of her favourites too, as are little chips and bacon........and she adores peas......
ladyarcher70

Postby julie2009 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:44 am

I have a terrible sweet tooth myself but love light desserts these being meringues etc. Also love cupcakes too.

Should really keep off these myself.

Julie xx
julie2009

Postby cleo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:00 pm

hi all

well i am definately a sugarbaby...i will eat any kind of cakes or chocolate although at the moment i am loving the cadbury's sensation jellybean, although i cannot get it very often here, when i come to the uk i do spend alot of money stocking up on chocs and biscuits oh and crisps, i am Lucky i do not put on weight but do have an outburst of spots now and again haha

I don't bake as much now, i usually make jam and homemade bread, and love my new crockpot too.
cleo

Return to Chit Chat