Good Luck Wishes to L.A.

Just general chat

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Good Luck Wishes to L.A.

Postby Lowrider Lincoln » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Just would like to say good luck with your house move Lady Archer. Over the last few months I've mostly lurking but occasionally posting on here have noticed you have been here for everyone. Giving invaluable advice and compassionate understanding to all. We all face different worries and concerns, yet you are still able to make sence of all our issues concerning adoption.

This week for example, there has been the most joyful and the most upsetting posts I've ever read; a birth mum has been contacted by her son; an adoptee has lost her birth mum. Two extreme opposing situations. You've managed to dedicate time to to reply to whoever posts whatever. All whilst in the process of moving house, and a recent health scare too.

So good luck with your house move and looking forward to hear how it went.
Lowrider Lincoln

Re: Good Luck Wishes to L.A.

Postby sylvie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:49 pm

That's a really lovely message LL, and I totally agree with you.
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby Josie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:59 pm

I just noticed this..
Wanted to add a hearty Hear Hear.
Thank you L.A. - for all that you do here for us.
Josie

Postby Turtle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:30 am

It's all been very quiet since your move. Hope everything is ok ladyarcher, and that you are still just buried under a pile of boxes waiting to be unpacked.
Turtle

Postby ladyarcher » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Hello everyone, I have missed you all...........

Sort of sorted now, we have had to rent the house we want to buy because we had another hiccup with our buyer........they got another buyer quite quickly but that has put everyone in a different 'chain' so is taking longer.....the lovely elderly gentleman whose house we are buying was actually in the process of moving out on the very day that the sale collapsed at our end.......he was going into rental so he could take time to look around for what he wanted.......so we felt that it would be good to offer to rent his house so we could move all our(my) stuff gradually.......so furniture van for the large things, then 100s of boxes moved by my husband and an assortment of our grown up children over the course of three weeks......it's all here now, except for a few pet plants I want dug up from the garden.......annoyingly the v.cold Easterly winds have kept me indoors as lungs cannot cope with cold air since the 'clots' episode.......the other reason I have not been on line for ages is because it has taken a fair while to get the 'net' changed........we had been hacked so my e-mails were locked, then we had to wait for the phone no. to be transferred to the new address, then wait again for the new 'hub', etc........nothing is simple these days......also of course a lot to do in trying to fit quart into pint pot...ie six beds plus a huge loft full, down to three bed cottage and no loft........really brings the 'adoptee hoarder' problem into high focus.......not to mention still 'minding' v.active three year old several days a week.......

Anyway, that's enough about my life at the moment........I now have to catch up with all the new posts and topics.......and keep trying to contact aol to let me back into my e-mails.......

LA
ladyarcher

Return to Chit Chat