sadly sagazone bites the dust

Just general chat

Moderator: AfterAdoption

sadly sagazone bites the dust

Postby ladyarcher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:06 pm

For the older ones amongst us........and possibly might have been some use to younger adoptees seeking grandparents.......

I have not been tuning in to Sagazone for a while, imagine my surprise when I decided to have a quick lurk yesterday, only to find a notice saying that the site had been 'trolled' and also had a lot of unpleasant and racist comments put up on it.........Saga were therefore going to shut the site, and it will be totally turned off this coming week. Their reasons are that the activities are detrimental to the Saga brand generally, and they do not have the capacity to seek out and block these posters..........a great pity I think, as there were a lot of interesting and informative memories and hints and tips on there, as well as the fact that a lot of people in the higher end age group are still quite capable of working their computer but not always able to go out.........Sagazone gave them an escape and company ...........

I had wanted to see if an old friend of mine with whom I have lost touch happened to be a member........it will be her 70th birthday in early March and I wanted to find her again.........BT and Electorol roll not successful........I know she used to be ex-directory, and for the roll you have to buy credits......and we don't buy things on line..............Friends Reunited having been totally trashed recently, and now un-navigable, it is sad to see another helpful and interesting site ruined....... lets just hope that it doesn't happen to After Adoption .........by the way........we still do not know what will happen to the databases that are the property of Norcap............

LA
ladyarcher

Re: sadly sagazone bites the dust

Postby Turtle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

I have some credits left on the Living Relatives search on Ancestry.

If you know your friends full name and roughly where she lives, I might be able to find her for you.

PM me the details if you want me to try.
Turtle

Re: sadly sagazone bites the dust

Postby sylvie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 pm

it is sad to see another helpful and interesting site ruined....... lets just hope that it doesn't happen to After Adoption

This worries me too. I see people's posts on this forum over the last 8 years as absolutely invaluable.
Years and years of people telling their (often painful) truth, and in turn helping those that read them. Putting all our stories, all our lived experience and our insights out there in the world - it would be impossible to create such a helpful library on purpose but it's just created itself as a result of people being willing to share.
I really hope the contents of these forums will never be lost, so that people in the future can get as much help and insight as I did when I first discovered them.
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Return to Chit Chat