Norcap - no more apparently

Just general chat

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Norcap - no more apparently

Postby ladyarcher » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Yesterday on Facebook adoptees were posting about Norcap, which has ceased trading..........there is now a notice when you Google them, but no clue as to what to do if you are already waiting for search results from them or if you are on their contact register.........hopefully they will contact all the people that are in the process of using them, but that is a lot of people on their register apart from others who they are acting as intermediaries for etc
LA
ladyarcher

Re: Norcap - no more apparently

Postby Lowrider Lincoln » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Wow! Can't believe Norcap could just end trading. They've been helping adoptees trace family and vica versa for many years. I actually thought they where a charity and where government funded, apparently not.
Just goes to show how deep this recession has become. People are making cutbacks,even things like tracing have to be put aside when bills have to be paid.
Of course their closure will be devastating for those receiveing councilling or others that maybe halfway through the tracing process. How many are waiting for letters to be replied ? And how many more will be left in limbo not knowing if replied correspondence will be forwarded on. Truly awful for all concerned.
Hopefully another organization will take over affairs to help everyone.
Lowrider Lincoln

Re: Norcap - no more apparently

Postby Timmy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:26 pm

There's an article about the issue in today's Indy. Must say I was shocked and saddened to hear this news. I didn't need to use NORCAP, but having it there as an option meant a lot.

http://tinyurl.com/a5dwgb4

(Hi LadyArcher)
Timmy

Return to Chit Chat