The days are long but......

Just general chat

Moderator: AfterAdoption

The days are long but......

Postby Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

As we headed out for our usual dog walk this morning, I was struck by the beauty of the morning. A cold chill was in the air and the sky was a brilliant blue. The leaves on the trees are just starting to show signs of orange and yellow. I love autumn. It reminds me of my father.

Then it hit me. Wasn't it autumn only five minutes ago. I can vaguely remember winter, but what happened to spring and I definitely missed the summer.

It was then that I was reminded of a comment that I have been reading in the books by Gretchen Rubin recently. Click on the link below and you will see what I mean.

The years are short
Turtle

Re: The days are long but......

Postby Donotunderstand » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 pm

The years are too short.......

My husband is the sort of person who always says "Tomorrow" Its taken me many years to help him understand that we must appreciate the here and now because once the day is over its gone.....
Aunt to a sibling group split up by Adoption and Residence Orders. Mum to birth children age 28 & 26, and adopted 14 year old (youngest of the sibling group)
Donotunderstand

Re: The days are long but......

Postby Turtle » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:36 pm

I do a lot of mindfulness practise and mediation, Donotunderstand. That really helps me to focus on the moment and take in the delights of the day.

As you say, once the day is over, it's gone.
Turtle

Return to Chit Chat