All is quiet...

Just general chat

Moderator: AfterAdoption

All is quiet...

Postby ~Sooze~ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:49 pm

It's gone really quiet in here of late!!! Where are all the regulars? Still about I guess :) I s'pose we all get to a stage where we either find what we are looking for and move on........or feel we have little to add on the forum. Either way, I hope most still at least lurk on occasions!!!
Born 1965 Adopted 1966
Traced Birth mother and 8 siblings 1987
Reunited with another adopted sibling 2008
Met with 3 siblings on birth Fathers side January 2009

At present, in contact with 9 out of my 12 siblings :-) Not doing too bad!!
~Sooze~

Postby JJ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:18 pm

I still lurk!!! Hi everyone :)
JJ

Postby ladyarcher » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:44 pm

Lurk most days, but tend more often to send p.m.s to people if I think I have something useful to say

Easter is lovely here in the West Country - snowdrops are over, daffs are nearly over, but up pop the primroses, violets and wild garlic, and now the bluebells and blossom on the trees.

LA
ladyarcher

Postby jaaa66 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I'm another lurker!!

It has gone quiet - and it's a shame as it was such a massive help to me last year having loads of people to support me through a bad patch - I'm sure I'm only one of many who is so grateful for all the support.

Like you say - we all move on at some point, or just need a break from it all.

All the best to all you lurkers out there - hope all your dreams come true :) :)
jaaa66

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:10 am

I still pop by too :D
Born July 1963 and Reunited January 1995.
Diane

Postby ~Sooze~ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:43 pm

hehe, all of us lurkers are outed!!!! x
Born 1965 Adopted 1966
Traced Birth mother and 8 siblings 1987
Reunited with another adopted sibling 2008
Met with 3 siblings on birth Fathers side January 2009

At present, in contact with 9 out of my 12 siblings :-) Not doing too bad!!
~Sooze~

Postby morris » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi! count me in as another lurker, I pop in from time to time, just to see what is going on , I to live in lovely Devon, it has been at its best this Easter with all this Sunshine :lol: :lol: .

life is for living so enjoy it. :lol: :lol:
morris

Postby Allie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm still around.

Nothing to report, really, which is why I haven't posted. I'm just still in email contact with my daughter, hoping she'll feel confident enough one day to suggest a meeting. Our initial contact was last December and she's only just this week disclosed the county in which she lives... :(

Still trying to figure out how to get across to her, without sounding desperate (which I am! :wink: ) that I haven't got two heads and I'm not going to turn up on her doorstep unannounced if she gives me more information.

Hope everyone else is enjoying this wonderful spring.
"Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into."
Allie

Postby juliea » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm still lurking regularly.

The ageny that is "helping" me has sent a letter to my birth daughters adoptive mother, but no response as yet. Hoping and praying I get a little something.

Good luck to everyone who is in reunion or searching.
x
juliea

Postby juliea » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi piglit

Please ask, I really don't mind. We can all learn something from each other if we ask.

Two reasons really, one they are unable to find my birth daughter on the electoral for 09 and secondly it is customary (so I'm told) to also send a letter to the adoptive mother to say a birth relative is looking to get in touch.

Take Care
juliea

Re: All is quiet...

Postby jo-Anneavrilcox » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello you lovely people, I am lurking but it seems I am a few years behind iv only just registered and am just starting my search (well in two "forever waring" minds ) I was adopted in 1970 to very loving parents I wanted for nothing I see them as my true parents in everysense of the word,however being mixed race an my parents being white the differences were so much more obvious (for want o better word) .I could see I was different as far as I remember and now having my own beautifull girls I still can't tell them where there beautifull gold skin comes from. I feel is tlme I knew where Im from as b.m was white and mixed.race came from my b.f. Anyway I thankyou I feel better for sharing this its thefirst time I have.
jo-Anneavrilcox

Postby ladyarcher » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Jo-Anne, and welcome ......

.... I always think it is such a pity that children/people are distanced from the richness of their culture.........culture has nothing to do with racism of course........ culture and history go back thousands of years........ during those many years different cultures have behaved both badly and well at different times in their history.........none are pure and innocent...... none are all bad........ habits, laws, traditions, religions, philosophies change and evolve, sometimes for good,......... sometimes for evil...................art, poetry, music, literature, will all lead or reflect what is going on at each part of a culture's growth and development.......no-one should be cut off from any part of their cultural past for everything that happened has something to teach us about ourselves and how things should, or should not, be.......

For myself, as an adoptee, I had an English b.mother ....... yet even in that one place, England, there were many different parts that all her relatives came from...... my b.father was Canadian....... yet go back one generation from him and we found that grandmama came to Canada probably around the late 1800s from an area in Europe which seemed to keep changing from Russia to Hungary depending on who had won the most recent border skirmishes.......still not quite sure exactly where grandpapa came from except that sometime in the late 1700s his gt.grandfather came from a region of France but of course at that time the borders of France were fluid too.....and why did they come on such a daunting journey, we have not yet managed to find a reason.........it is endlessly fascinating........ and I am sure if you manage to find out more about both your b.parents you too will find all sort of interesting twists and turns in the fates and fortunes of both families going back generations....

LA
born 1944 - adopted 1946 - found b.mother 1972 - sadly missed b.father who died young, but who had told his subsequent children that they had two English sisters so when I made contact with them in Canada they were not shocked .........three years ago finally found full sister who had been given to a different couple for adoption........I found out about her existence when I was 25 and searching for my b.mother ........ forty years searching later, I found her.......
ladyarcher

Postby jo-Anneavrilcox » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 am

Hi LadyArcher
Thankyou so much for your reply. How lovely it must of been to meet your sisters and they new and then your birth sister after such a long search. I hope I can find some truth and identity. Since I was little girl my friends asked why I was different from my parents and although I wanted for nothing I experienced alot of prejudice especially at the stables where I always wanted to be even then. This sadly left me some emotional scars and dare I say a little chip on shoulder that I've worked so hard to lose. I threw away my adoption files (stupidly )at the tender age of 16 out of what I believed was loyalty to my parents.Only since having my own daughters do I feel its time to answer or try and find some answers for muself and for them. I thankyou again this evening for taking time to reply/welcome LadyArcher
Ja
jo-Anneavrilcox

Postby Turtle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:17 am

jo-Anneavrilcox wrote: I threw away my adoption files (stupidly )at the tender age of 16 out of what I believed was loyalty to my parents.

Oh no! What a thing to do. I can fully understand you doing it at the time. My head was not in a good place at 16 and that is the sort of thing that I might have done at the time. I bet you bitterly regret it now.

I don't know anything about the adoption files, having never looked into all that. Is there only one copy made? I sure one of the others would know. (Maybe Ladyarcher, she seems to have an amazing knowledge on the whole subject). Hopefully you can still remember some of the information in them.
Turtle

Return to Chit Chat