Finding forums from After Adoption website

Got something to say about the forum? Have your say here

Finding forums from After Adoption website

Postby sylvie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Am I being a daftie?
I can't see how anyone visiting the After Adoption website would be able to find these forums as there doesn't seem to be a button or link, yet new members do arrive. How are new people finding their way here?

How do visitors to the AA website end up here? Have I missed a very obvious button named FORUMS somewhere?

Just wondering, as I find these forums so useful and want others too aswell.
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Re: Finding forums from After Adoption website

Postby maxi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 am

I noticed that a while back Sylvie - there does not seem to be a link to the forum from the After Adoption home page (...there used to be). I'm guessing most people find their way here from web searches.

I do wonder if the length of time it took to attract anyone's attention to dispose of the spammers and the lack of a link is indicative in any way of a lack of interest by AA in the forum these days. There was a time when it was "in" to have a forum; these days they are a bit passé, and sites prefer to have links to their presence on Twitter or Facebook etc. I don't think either of those mediums is so good for sustained discussion of a topic, and for ease of looking back to learn from previous posts - unlike some forums which may deal with current events and thus date rapidly, old posts here are never really out of date as the difficulties and the emotions tied up in the adoption situation don't change with the passing of time.
maxi

Re: Finding forums from After Adoption website

Postby skyebluepink » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Can you imagine us having to tweet - and keep it within 140 characters!! It's true that the "forums on Facebook" group doesn't talk about issues in as much depth as we do on here. I would agree that the relatively unchanging nature of topics on here makes it a valuable resource - a bit like a library. I hope that the forums don't disappear anytime soon, especially if it means the loss of this collective wisdom that has been amassed from all sides of people involved in adoption.
Come and read my random musings at www.skyebluepink.com
skyebluepink

Return to General discussion about the forum