adoption

Got something to say about the forum? Have your say here

adoption

Postby ceil » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi my name is celia, im new to this forum so bear with me, I would love to know if there are any mums out there that had a baby adopted in the 1960s as would love to talk to them and know how they have coped all this time, this happened to me, and all these years have had no one apart from certain members of family that can talk to, and even then they dont know what we all went through. I would love to set up a group in my home in Brighton if there is anyone in that area, if not just happen to make friends with you all out there. Thanks.
ceil

Re: adoption

Postby ladyarcher » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi Celia and welcome.......... I am an adoptee, but there are several birth mothers who post on here and I am sure will respond to you when they see your post.....

.... just a thought, you have posted on the part of the board which is to do with the way the forum works, ...........at least that is what I have always thought that bit was for.........not the bit where we post about our adoptions and our experiences.........I had not noticed your post at the time that you did it as I rarely look on that list, only on the active bits, if that makes sense.....so others may have missed your post for the same reason.....try putting it on one of the active boards.........not sure which one to suggest........see you there lol
LA
born 1944 - adopted 1946 - found birth mother 1972 - sadly missed b.father who died young but who had told his subsequent children that they had two English sisters so when I made contact with them in Canada it was not a shock to them.........finally found full sister who had been adopted separately.......I found her two years ago after a forty year search..........
ladyarcher

Postby ceil » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:08 pm

thanks how do i get on the active board as i said new to this, surprised there is not more feedback as thought this was for birth mothers as well, thanks for your help please let me know how to get on active board. Celia.
ceil

Postby ladyarcher » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Ciel
The first group of headings is in the box listed as 'about our forums'.......the first few have a little padlock by them, showing that they are locked....i.e. they are just for information, not for posting on...........the one you are on is headed General Discussion and underneath it says that this is where you post about the forum itself and how it is organised.....if you have a problem with using it, or if you have suggestions to After Adoption about things you would like to see..........the last one in that box is called 'Helping Us' and gives information about fund raising etc..........
The next section under the thick blue line, is headed Talking Adoption......... and this is where we all post........there are lots of headings to loosely divide topics into similar subjects......... so, the first one is Adopted People.........and this tends to be the most used one as it is fairly general......the next one is headed Birth Relatives.......then Adoptive families.........etc.......... click on Adopted People and you will see all the recent posts by everyone, and the replies that they receive.........
Hope this helps
LA
ladyarcher

Return to General discussion about the forum