Conference for Adoptees

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Conference for Adoptees

Postby AdoptedAsOlderCHild » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Hello, if any adopted people are interested in speaking at or attending an Adoptee Voices conference in London on Mon 17th Oct - the first day of National Adoption Week - please let me know. For/by adoptees, expenses paid for speakers, no censorship.
AdoptedAsOlderCHild

Re: Conference for Adoptees

Postby marshen » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi
I'd be interested to know more about the event please?

I'm not really a public speaker but of course I'm interested in talking about my adoption and issues that other people face.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks Mark
marshen

Postby AdoptedAsOlderCHild » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi Mark,

I've sent you a message with some more information!

Also, for everyone -

It's intended at this conference that only adoptees speak about adoption, rather than social workers, adopters, politicians, etc. Most conferences about adoption involve people other than adoptees speaking about it! It doesn't matter what kind of adoption you had or what you want to say (good, bad, ugly, political, personal).

We expect the audience to be a mix of adoptees, social workers and adopters. However, it's adoptee-centric (perhaps non-adoptees will learn something).

We hope it will also be a place for adoptees to meet and get to know each other and be a support for each other.

It is now being postponed until the Spring but hopefully that will give more time for anyone interested in speaking or attending to contact me.

Thank you!
AdoptedAsOlderCHild

Postby AdoptedAsOlderCHild » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Here is a link to a write-up of the first one: http://www.communitycare.co.uk/2015/10/ ... h-century/

This would be the second conference.

I hope this information helps!
AdoptedAsOlderCHild

Return to Adopted People