Not sure where to start

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Not sure where to start

Postby DAS1961 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Hello....I'm not sure if this site is active or where to start. I sent the moderator a msg but got no response. Can someone confirm its active please.
DAS1961

Re: Not sure where to start

Postby JJ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:01 am

Hi DAS1961

I *think* it's still active - at least I hope so! I have been posting here on and off since about 2008, and the board used to be really busy. It seems to be incredibly quiet at the moment for some reason. Hopefully it will pick up again; it was a really helpful, friendly, supportive community (despite the occasional spat which is was not surprising given the often highly charged emotional nature of the forum).

Hopefully you'll get more replies and welcomes! :)
JJ

Postby ladyarcher70 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello, Das1961, and welcome........ yes the site is active, but has as JJ says, been very quiet for a while now........ I think part of the reason is because After Adoption stopped having a link direct to the Forum, about a year ago........so people now are more likely to find us by accident, rather than being pointed our way ........ it is a pity, and I have mentioned it to the Moderators several times, as have others, but to no avail.....

Anyway, what can we do to help you ....... there is a lot of experience here, and although there is not much posting going on, there will be plenty of people who drop in frequently, even if they are not needing to post at the moment........I am a very old adoptee, possibly the oldest here, not sure about that, I was a war baby adoptee, born in 1944........ there are many others right across the age range, and experiences of adoption in its many twists and turns......there are also a few very much valued birth mothers ........ so whatever you need, whether it is support in feelings, support in reunion, or support and ideas for the actual search procedure........someone will help......

LA70
born 1944 - adopted 1946 ...... found b.mother and knew her for a number of years before her death......sadly missed birth father who died young, but had told his later children that they had two English sisters, so when I made contact with them in Canada they were not shocked......six years ago finally found full sister adopted separately, after a forty year search ......
ladyarcher70

Postby cleo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:12 am

Hello das

I am a birthmum, who comes on here and reads posts too, yes its been quiet here but we are behind our screens, somedays we will get replies and sometimes we have to wait, but you will always get a reply. There are some fab people on here to help in someway.

Like i said i am a birthmum that only came into the adoption scene 4 years ago when my son decided to look for me, we meet up and for the first couple of months everything was great, but then silence, i did not hear from him for the next 2 years, i always sent his son a christmas and birthday present, but then i got impatient and sent him a message asking what i had done so wrong, he told me he wanted no further contact with me that he had had a fantastic upbringing with wonderful parents.....i was to devasted to say the least and to this day still cannot understand his attitude of how he treated me. But like lady archer has said, i do not have the same social ladder as he, his A.mum was born with a silver spoon in her mouth (his words not mine) and he being their only child, as you can imagine.

It has taken me along time to get back on my feet and thank this group for helping, as i have no one else to turn too or understand my feelings.

What is your problem are you an adoptee, birthparent?
cleo

Return to Adopted People