Hello

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Hello

Postby Summerbaby » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a lovely Summer, the weather today is nothing to shout about sadly, but we have had some lovely days of hot weather and sunshine so can't complain too much when there is rain for our gardens and crops etc...

Noticed the forum seems very quiet recently so thought I'd pop and say hello and give a bit of an update as well.

I am still in contact with my Birth parents (I dislike that phrase), and we still very much enjoy being in contact - since 2010. Yes there are ups and downs along the way, but that's true of every relationship let alone one as deep and strong yet in some ways new yet also since my life began. I'd be lying if I said every moment is perfect, but having said that I've not once regretted replying to my Mum's letter.

Life has changed in many ways over the last few years, but we often spend time together and have fitted an amazing amount into the time since her letter first arrived in the post. We have had a holiday away together, they've come to my sisters wedding, we have spent Christmas and Birthday times together, chatted about family members, our own likenesses etc... But also enjoyed the more simple pleasures in life such as messing about playing games on the iPad, reading the same book when the other person has finished it, sitting in the garden watching the birds fly in and out of their nests, walking the dog, and taking lots of photos.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Return to Adopted People