Something light for Christmas time

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Something light for Christmas time

Postby Summerbaby » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Hello,

My Mum and I were sat in the kitchen over the weekend chatting about this forum, and I was saying how it was strange how we build up images in our minds as to what people are like on here in real life - what you all look like, careers, and what hobbies you enjoy. Mum suggested I start a new thread for us all to get to know each other a little better over Christmas.

I know that Christmas can be a difficult time of year for those affected by adoption, and agreed that something lighthearted would be good to do. I'm curious to see how wrong or right my ideas were.

I will return with a description of myself soon, but would be curious as to what others imagine me to be like before I do. Butterflylady (Mum) you aren't to help them. Lol

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Re: Something light for Christmas time

Postby sylvie » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:02 am

Hi Summerbaby

I imagine you to be quite optimistic and sunny in nature, with an open and inquisitive and kind face. I imagine you smiling a lot and having gentle ways.

I don't know what I imagine you do for a living. Perhaps something to do with gardens, or making things, or something in a caring capacity? Or musical?
I'm just making things up now, largely based on your name and on your lovely and very heartening relationship with your Mum.

Great question though!

Merry Christmas to you and your Mum too x
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby Summerbaby » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Hello,

Thankyou for joining in, how would you describe yourself to others?

I think I am an optimistic kind of person and yes, you are correct I enjoy creating things - I do paper crafts and also enjoy taking photos and reading. Gosh, I wish I was musical but sadly cannot sing a note. Lol. I do enjoy listening to music though and especially musicals.

Wishing you a lovely Christmas.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Postby sylvie » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi Summerbaby

Here's a bit about me...

I'm very creative. I've always made things with my hands, and love writing more than anything.
    I love Nature to bits.
    I'm rubbish at small talk.
    I recognise that I don't think like others do, and I like that same quality when I see it in other people, even if it makes them oddbods.
    I care deeply about people who are hurt or are in crisis, whether I know them or not.
    I like beautifully made things.
    I am a bit scruffy - partly because I explore nature a lot, and partly because tending my own appearance is fairly low on my list of important things to do. (I've always sensed that doing so might get in the way of scrambling about in Nature, though do make an effort when it's needed! And I admire people who wear beautiful clothes that really reflect who they are).
    I have a temper, which age and counselling have mellowed. I still yell at the telly sometimes though.
    I can't abide selfishness.
    I dislike dishonesty and never lie.
    I am intrigued by animals and often try to work out why they do what they do.
    I love the minds of children, and their honest and open ways.
    I love poetry.

There you go - just a few little things!

A very happy Christmas to you too :-)

x
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby cleo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:07 pm

hi everyone,

hmm this is a hard one, how would i describe myself, lol probably like a dolly mixture....what are you impressions of me since the last couple of years i have been on here?

:roll:
cleo

Postby Josie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Summerbaby,

I love your username :-)

Like Sylvie, I visualise you as being sweet, gentle and keeping an open, honest outlook....
Your name conjures up happy thoughts - and your posts reveal a sincere, non judgemental nature.
Running away with this - I could picture you wearing faded jeans and pretty tops from Laura Ashley, painting your toe nails in pearly turquoise and you prefer silver jewellery to gold, you'd probably wear a light chain and small pendant or locket and maybe a little wrist chain or tie on bracelet - hope that gave you a giggle :-)
Both you and your Mum are blessed to have a lovely relationship.

Often, when people meet me in the "flesh" after having got to know me via telephone or other means, they are usually shocked to find that physically, I am nothing like what they'd imagined.

I remember a client being visibly shocked ( and disappointed I think) when I rolled up to visit their offices for the first time - after having spoken with him many times on the phone, he'd visualised a tall, robust and slightly scary red head.
Josie

Postby Josie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Cleo,

This is just a fun guess....

I imagine your username is from a favourite pet - a cat or dog.

You live overseas - right?

You are small and petite, with short blonde hair.
You are usually tanned, you like interesting and colourful pieces of jewellery and you have beautiful nails.

You are vivacious and enjoy adventures.
You speak two or more languages.

Hope that made you smile :-)
Josie

Postby butterflylady » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Here's a little about me

I like to read and am interested in craft things

I used to sew and am hoping to get back to doing so in 2015

I love my garden although I'm no gardener

I walk with my little king charles cavalier who is nutty and greedy but totally adorable.

I hate mess and think I might be a bit OCD at times.

I talk to myself quiet a bit and do get strange looks when doing so or singing to myself when out shopping.

I like to listen to music of all types and read when I get a chance although most books since reunion with Summerbaby have been books on adoption/reunion
butterflylady

Postby butterflylady » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Hello Cleo

I hope you are ok and managed to have a nice Christmas with your husband.

I just thought I'd post what I thought you are like

I imagine you to be small with dark hair,a chatty friendly lady and very helpful to others.

I get the impression you are of Italian heritage which is probably totally wrong.

Like Josie I imagine you have beautiful manicured nails.

I think you are very stylish and love lipsticks.
butterflylady

Postby Summerbaby » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year!!!

Gosh lots of posts to reply to :)

Cleo, I imagine you to be quite organised/tidy, someone who throws themselves fully into what you're doing at that moment, i image you to have a pet I'd guess a cat. Fluent in 2 languages. For some reason I imagine you keep (or used to) a diary or journal and write in it whilst having a cuppa - I bet that's wrong though. I imagine you wearing skirts more often than trousers.

Josie, your post made me smile so much.

I love painting my nails, but haven't - yet - painted my toe nails. Lol

I do have an enjoy wearing some pretty tops, but none are Laura Ashley ones. I don't think I have ever worn jeans though. I do enjoy clothes shopping, Mum could probably tell you how we spent half a day clothes shopping in one shop, with me trying loads of stuff on. Lol.

I wear a gold chain with a crucifix around my neck, it was given to me and I never take it off.

Sylvie,

We both agreed that we thought you loved books, and also enjoyed being outdoors. :)

Mum, well I have discovered where my love of creating things comes from, and the talking to myself too. Lol. I think we are alike in various ways, and have similar taste in things too. I think the creative side comes from both you and Dad though :)
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Postby Josie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:37 pm

Summer baby! I confess to being drawn to shopping too.... Oops.

When I'm not being entirely shallow and burying my head in racks of dresses, swooning over lipstick colours and having small palpitations over gorgeous shoes and handbags - I do actually try to have a life.

I love learning new things.
I'm not hot at small talk, but I'm a gifted talker of complete rubbish.
I laugh a lot. Especially at my own jokes.
My friends would describe me as being quite professional in my daily doings - but also eccentric and predictably unpredictable.
I hate the culture of consumerism and falsity that prevails - I love shopping - hardcore.
I love the sea, fishing and getting mucky and smelly.
I love being in solitude and often seek places to quietly "be". ( as long as my ipad is with me ;-) )
I love painting and would consider doing potato type printing using my own unmentionable parts for the sake of my art.
I love reading and wish I could write something of meaning.
I love languages.

I'm currently learning a musical instrument.

I feel rallied up and dead angry when I feel an injustice is done.
I can be highly irritating when I want to....giggle.

:-)
Last edited by Josie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josie

Postby sylvie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Josie, your reply made me really chuckle!!!

To answer Cleo's question, this is how I imagine her...

Petite yet strong, as sports-loving people often are.
Short dark hair.
A lovely face when you laugh or smile.
A face that also has traces of your sorrows and worries.
Bright eyes that dance around a room and take much in.
A busy demeanour, like a quick step when you walk.
I imagine you having a small characterful dog and a large soppy one.
I think you like walking round parks and in the outdoors.
I think you're a fan of the Olympics, and also that you enjoy swimming.

How right am I Cleo?!! xx
sylvie

Postby cleo » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:44 am

Hello everyone,

Just catching up on all of your posts, well i am so surprised how close some of you got about me, made me laugh at some of the things, so here goe's:

One thing you were all right on was me being petite haha, Wonder what gave you all that impression though?

Josie: yes i am often tanned, small do speak 2 and a bit languages, i used to be blond when younger but darkened over the years, now getting a few grey hairs too, lol, yes adventerous, sadly no nice nails but do put on nail varnish rarely just to go with my outfit, lol.

Butterfly: yes small have darker hair with age, very chatty once i get started but can also be very quiet if i don't know people, i am considered friendly if i like you, but if you do me wrong or i get a gut feeling, then i can be your worse enemy, lol...not italian, just a typical South west girlie....no nice nails, usually because of the garden or just getting plain mucky, defo not stylish, unless on a rare occassion like a wedding i do dress up, and shock alot of people, by wearing a dress, having makeup on having my hair done and wearing false nails, and wearing heeled shoes...very rare though, haha.

Summerbaby: yes i like to be organised and when i start soemthing i like to follow through especially in sports (which sadly i gave up when i had my son) but since the last 2 years i have started competing again which feels great. yes cleo is a personal fav name for me, yes 2 and abit languages...sadly never wear skirts unless obliged, like every 15yrs for a wedding or something very special, otherwise always jeans or training suit, lol

Sylvie: Yes petite yet strong, sporty, yes i have a big smile that everyone talks about, my smile hides alot of my pain to be honest, and yes the last couple of years have left their marls on my face, i look like and old sack of potaotes somedays, lol, i do take alot in and like to learn new things if interested in the subject, yes i have a charataful dog, luckily as she has been my lifejacket in a way too since the last couple of years, love walking in the woods,mountains etc, trying to find inner peace. no short hair, my hair is always in a plait and looks as though i have been pulled through a bush backwards, lol, defo no swimming.

I guess people would be shocked to see me too on first occassion too, i'm always in jeans or trainers, if i wear nail varnish its to go with my sweatshirts which are usually with pink or purple, as with my jogging trousers, i always wear trainers too or boots if i go out to the shops, but i'm not a shopper unless its to buy pressie for my dog, lol.

I'm not a materalist, i don't need a fancy car, i have an old banger that doe's the job, and very happy like that, my house is old but paid for,i love my garden although not green fingered, but i'll chop down trees or do a veggie patch, love wearing wellies too, especially when they are funny, at the mo they have pink paw prints on them ;-) i have my chickens, when i talk about this i visualise all the time "the good life" remember that....ha well i am abit like that...abit, lol

Opps i'm chatting again, i will write what i think of you all later, ff to bed now, to try and get rid of this flu bug....
cleo

Return to Adopted People