PLACEMENT FILE

Moderator: AfterAdoption

PLACEMENT FILE

Postby julie2009 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:59 am

I received confirmation on Friday that my Placement file has been retrieved from storage and I am due to attend with the social worker this Thursday to view same. I am not sure what I will discover, if anything. My reason for doing this is to see if any details were held that would give me a better picture of what my BM was like as her sister will not tell me anything further.

Can anyone tell me what details a placement file holds. I already have details of both birth parents but nothing else.
I was also told I can have copies of certain papers/documents if I so wish.

Thank you in advance

Julie xx
julie2009

Re: PLACEMENT FILE

Postby ladyarcher70 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:13 pm

So glad that you are at last being given some help, Julie.......do hope that the file has some useful and comforting information that you need.......

Have you ever searched to see if your aunt did have a child too, as you mentioned that you had been given some hint or gossip about some time ago, and which you thought might account for her reluctance to communicate with you, and eventual cutting off communication that she has done...

............or might it even be possible that your aunt is in fact your b.mother, and simply gave her sister's name when giving birth to you........not wanting to start another hare running for you to follow, but such things were done fairly often........more particularly with people finding that the person they thought of as their older sister, was in fact their mother ......... but humans can be very deceptive in their actions for many reasons........some good, some not so good.......

LA70
ladyarcher70

Re: PLACEMENT FILE

Postby julie2009 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi LA

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know something that thought also came into my head. I remember BM sister asking me one time if I wore glasses and when I said yes she said she was the only one in her family to wear glasses too. She also had dark hair which I do too and part of why she acts like this would explain a lot.
Only thing is I mentioned to the sw on Friday that my BM had changed her christian name so the name on her memorial card may be different to the one on file. She said she was aware of this and the name she was known as is included on my file.

So LA great minds think alike. I am not sure what details my file holds but I will keep you updated on what I find out.

Thanks again

Julie xx
julie2009

Return to Adopted People