Hello again

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Hello again

Postby skyebluepink » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around for a while. It just got too painful to even be thinking about adoption stuff and I was going round in circles with it. Interesting to see some of the new threads on here and how they might be useful to my situation (for those of you who remember). I wish I could say i was amazingly happy now, but the truth is the whole birth family rejection thing (apart from my half sister) is still leaving its mark on me. A couple of months ago my half sister told me my birth grandmother had died. Any hopes I had for that promoting my bm to think things over, or for her to be released from the grip of fear she was under don't seem to have come to anything. And I really regret not being allowed the chance to ever meet my birth grandmother. Sorry that this isn't more positive. But just thought I'd check in with you all and say hello xx
Come and read my random musings at www.skyebluepink.com
skyebluepink

Re: Hello again

Postby sylvie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Hello Skybluepink!

I've often thought of you, and sent you warm wishes, knowing you've endured great pain as a result of your birth family's incomprehensible behaviour.

It's good to see you here, although the site is much quieter now - I think since After Adoption removed the 'forum' link button from their main webpage (which feels a little like the electronic version of brushing our experiences under a rug...) it's hard for people to know this resource is here. Such a shame as I think our conversations are invaluable - our direct experiences, unmediated by anyone.

I pop by every so often to catch up, and I know LadyArcher is still here (though her sister is very poorly).

Anyway, a warm hug to you dear SBP.
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Re: Hello again

Postby ladyarcher70 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Yes I'm still here.........I do check in most days....... I don't post as often as I used to do....although I do try to do a quick welcome to anyone new as I do feel it important that there is a v.quick acknowledgement to a newcomer........ it may well be that it is the first time someone has broken their own silence about their experiences and feelings, and if there is no response for hours, or even days, then that person may well feel that the welcome is cold and not come back........

Not wanting to hi-jack Skyblue's thread.........but I would like to know why AA have quietly slipped us out of the front page..........is there some agenda of their own, if so, what is it...........maybe I should continue this on a separate thread.......

LA70
ladyarcher70

Return to Adopted People