Back again ......

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Back again ......

Postby Anna » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Just wanted to say hi .....haven't been on here for a long time. Still no nearer in finding my birth mother. A lot has happened in my personal life. Now I have come out the other side and feel it time to pick up the reigns again
So let battle commence lol x
born 1978 .... adopted 1980. searching 2007, SS lost adoption file ... stumped but still looking
Anna

Re: Back again ......

Postby JJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Anna

As you can see, this forum has really dwindled in recent years.

A few of us die-hards pop in from time to time though!

I'm sorry to hear that your search hasn't been successful - yet. Don't give up though - things can happen really quickly and unexpectedly with just the tiniest bit of information - good luck in your continued search!
JJ

Postby sylvie 1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi Anna

My son was born in 1979. We found each other via Facebook. I made an account in the name I was known by when I gave birth to him. I put up some clues so that he would know it was me. I wonder if that approach could be helpful for you.

What else have you tried?

It's simply not acceptable that such important and personal documents as information about your first mother and family of origin should be 'lost'.

Don't give up!

Have you contacted After Adoption itself to see if they can help you find your folk?

Let us know on here how we can help.
sylvie 1

Postby ladyarcher70 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi Anna........welcome back...... yes the forum has been very quiet, due, mostly I think to After Adoption taking the link to the forum out of their home page some years ago now. I am in correspondence with them about this, but for some reason that I as a 'non-tekkie' oldie cannot understand, it seems to be beyond their abilities to put back a link that always worked perfectly well.......if it ain't broke, don't mend it ....is not what they seem to live by. We also used always to get an email heads up when a new post appeared on the forum, that too, is no longer operating.

Anyway, to add to Sylvie 1's post, have you put yourself on the Adoption Contact Register that operates independently of adoption societies. It is not very expensive..... you leave a message about who you are trying to trace, and your message stays there forever......if someone sends an enquiry that matches, then your link is formed ...... this is how I found my full sister after a forty year search by many other means....... I had put a message on the contact register soon after it started, and fifteen years later my sister decided to search.......her social worker checked the register and there was my message sitting there waiting..... that was eight years ago now.... you don't have to have a social worker by the way...... you just indicate that you are looking for someone, and also willing to be found by them ...... you can opt to be contacted direct, which is what I did, or if you are nervous of that you can opt to be contacted via perhaps a friend, or a solicitor, or a vicar, whatever.

Anyway, never give up, there is always an answer out there somewhere...... another thing you could do is to contact the Long Lost Family tv programme..... but of course if you do that, or do the dreaded Jeremy Kyle route, you have to be aware that your search, and your private life will became a little way into being public property ....

LA
ladyarcher70

Return to Adopted People