Worcestershire County Council is looking for Team Managers

Ask members of TALKadoption about any adoption related issues.

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Worcestershire County Council is looking for Team Managers

Postby Joberate » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 am

At Worcestershire County Council, we want to make sure that every child in our area is safe from harm and neglect and, wherever possible, brought up by their own family. We know that while systems and processes are important, the real key to helping children and their families is empathy. It’s knowing when to challenge, and when to support. It’s about helping children to live independent lives using judgement rather than paperwork. Which is why we’re looking for more Social Workers – and Team Managers – with the skills to get to the bottom of things and make a lasting difference.

As a Team Manager here, it will be down to you to give leadership and guidance to your team, making sure their plans and objectives are realistic and keeping a close eye on the way things are run so that each individual has confidence in our commitment to their ongoing development, and our residents have confidence in our decisions.

You’ll certainly need relevant qualifications and a good understanding of the systems and processes that enable organisations like ours to protect children and look after the best interests of their families. But what will set you apart is your commitment to doing all you can to build relationships and quickly get to grips with any issues. We’re looking for people with an innate confidence but also the ability to listen, weigh up the facts and come up with the best possible solution. Ultimately, you’ll do all you can to help children lead happy lives with their own families.

To find out more and apply please click http://service.joberate.com/redirect/url/bcc1-7b-25-65-0a73df
Attachments
worcestershire.jpg
worcestershire.jpg (39.15 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
Joberate

Re: Worcestershire County Council is looking for Team Manag

Postby ladyarcher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:28 am

What do people think about job adverts. being on this site........not sure that this sort of ad. will be very popular with certain of our members who have had their children forcibly adopted due to the activities of social workers.......I think I will 'ping' this to the attention of the moderator, if he is around..

LA
ladyarcher

Postby sylvie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:31 am

You're so thoughtful LA. I'm sure those women will really appreciate your kindness. x
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby ladyarcher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:39 am

This just seems so inappropriate Sylvie, so I have done the 'reporting' bit ......don't know how long it takes for moderators to do their moderating stuff .....I seem to remember it took a long time to get rid of the Ugg boots merchant......

LA
ladyarcher

Return to Talking adoption