Reunited Parent & child?

Ask members of TALKadoption about any adoption related issues.

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Reunited Parent & child?

Postby Summerbaby » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 pm

I was just wondering, (not asking for their forum names or anything) whether there are any other reunited birth parent and their child on here. Both myself and my Mum are on here.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Re: Reunited Parent & child?

Postby sylvie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 am

Hi Summerbaby

I noticed you hadn't had a reply to this. No, I don't think there are any other reunited family members on here.
I hope you do keep posting - I think it would be good to have many more reunited people on here, just to lend that perspective.
Plus your first post had me beaming my head off!
Reunited with my beloved son after decades of separation which began when I was a young teenager and he was newly born, and finally ended a few years ago when we met again as fully-grown adults.
sylvie

Postby ladyarcher » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:23 pm

That's amazing SummerB ........ I had missed this somehow, it was the day after we moved house and I had no internet for two weeks.......I thought I had read all the 'catchup' posts that had come on while I was off the 'net.........but obviously not....

.... it's a lovely idea to know that you and your b.mother are part of this forum..........a pity, in a way, that we cannot know who your b.mother is, as the posts would be doubly significant as coming from both sides as it were, and making a link.........
LA
ladyarcher

Postby Summerbaby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Hello LA & Sylvie,

I remember you moving house, hope you are settled in now.

My Mum's name on here is butterflylady, we have linked posts in the past and will no doubt do so again in the future. Being the Summer we haven't posted much recently on here, but we are still very much in contact and enjoying being so.
Dreams do come true!
Summerbaby

Return to Talking adoption