great expectations

Ask members of TALKadoption about any adoption related issues.

Moderator: AfterAdoption

great expectations

Postby mark n » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm

on finding and meeting my birth mother ,i found it hard to come to terms with the way she went on with me.my first meeting with my birth mother was organised by my eldest sister who has been the go be tween for us. when i arrived and met my sister she informed me that my birth mother wanted to be called mum from the start,i was a bit uneasy with this but thought why not see how it goes.as like so many adopted people i had loads of questions i thought that even if i got answers to the main ones i would be ok. the reception i got was not what i expected at all it was nice to meet you call me mum.after a while of chatting about things and been fobbed off with any answers my birth mother suggested that my children ,her grand children will call her nana.i stated as she had not even met them or they her she had no right to suggest this but as i was told she was my blood and my real mother.i must admit im not happy with this and this has caused many problembs with my children and my wife,has any one any ideas on how to proceed :x
mark n

Re: great expectations

Postby L12 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi Mark N
Can i suggest you re-post on the Adopted People thread, you'll gets lots of help there. :)
Intercountry adoption at 6 days in 1969.
Found BM in Apr 2010 after 13 year search.
Discovered that BM has been married to BF for 40 yrs and i have 2 full siblings. Met birth family in Dec 2010 in England, spent an African Christmas with them in 2011.
L12

Re: great expectations

Postby mark n » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:13 am

thanks will do
mark n

Return to Talking adoption