We have a possible match with a child. What next???

Ask members of TALKadoption about any adoption related issues.

Moderator: AfterAdoption

Are you currently going through adoption process or recently been matched with a child?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm

YES
No votes
NO
100%
MAYBE
No votes

Total votes : 1

We have a possible match with a child. What next???

Postby richardson975 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi,
We are going through the adoption porcess and have been linked with a child. Our matching panel date is September. We want to try and find other people in a similar position to ourselves.

I would appreciate anyone out there that are at this stage now or further and to tell us about your experiences of the process.

Thanks
Jonathan :)
richardson975

Re: We have a possible match with a child. What next???

Postby Mlisa » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi, I don't know how you are getting on now, but hopefully you were matched correctly and you now are on your way to being a family. I have 2 adopted daughters, we went to approval panel in oct 2005 and we were matched and then approved as adopters to a baby on that same day, it all moved quickly and we met our baby a week later. When she was 2 years old we found out another baby had been born from the same birth parents and I fought hard to be approved as a foster caret so I could bring our baby home quickly, which is what I did. We are now very happy and we are looking into adopting a 3rd child.

Good luck
Mlisa

Return to Talking adoption